By Kash L. Mittal
A moment overseas symposium on adhesion features of skinny movies, held in Orlando, Florida in December 2003, increased from the 1st by way of contemplating metalized plastics and adhesion dimension. The 17 papers that caught to the publishing procedure transparent to the tip contemplate such themes as adhesion homes of functionally gradient diamond- like carbon nano-composite motion pictures, characterizing polyethylene-metal composite skinny motion pictures deposited by means of evaporation, the contribution of chemical reactions among aluminum atoms and kinds of useful teams to the adhesion of aluminum-polymer structures, and severe occasions saw on copper movies on glass substrate within the micro-scratch try out. there isn't any index. VSP is a subsidiary of Brill.
Read Online or Download Adhesion Aspects Of Thin Films PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
Volumes 26 and 27 are either focused on reactions taking place at electrodes coming up throughout the passage of present. they supply an advent to the learn of electrode kinetics. the elemental rules and experimental technique are awarded in quantity 26, while quantity 27 bargains with reactions at specific sorts of electrodes.
"Stable radicals- molecules with bizarre electrons that are sufficiently lengthy lived to be studied or remoted utilizing traditional strategies- have loved a protracted historical past and are of present curiosity for a large array of basic and utilized purposes, for instance to check and force novel chemical reactions, within the improvement of rechargeable batteries or the research of loose radical reactions within the physique.
Supramolecular chemistry is a crucial subject matter not just in chemistry, yet in neighboring disciplines together with physics and the organic sciences. the writer has brought this proposal and has been presented the Nobel Prize for his achievements during this quarter. He provides the following the options, traces of improvement and views of this hugely interdisciplinary and burgeoning box of analysis.
This ebook assists the elemental and utilized researcher in facing the bewildering array of hydroxy species, imagined and actual, that complicate the chemical habit of steel parts in aqueous ideas. It evaluates numerous details at the identities and stabilities of species in resolution in addition to the cast hydroxides and oxides they produce
- Computational Methods in Surface and Colloid Science
- Biosurfactants: Research Trends and Applications
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency - A Bibliography and Dictionary for Physicians, Patients, and Genome Researchers
- Synthetic Nitrogen Products: A Practical Guide to the Products and Processes
- Introduction to Optimization of Structures
- Proceedings of the 4th World Conference on Detergents : strategies for the 21st century
Extra resources for Adhesion Aspects Of Thin Films
2. Apparatus A conventional vacuum evaporation apparatus equipped with a tungsten boat (for the metals) and tungsten boat coated with aluminum oxide (for the PE), as shown in Fig. 1, was used for the deposition of these thin films. In order to measure the temperature in these boats, a platinum (Pt)-rhodium (Rh) thermocouple with an amperemeter was used. A shutter was placed between the substrate and the boats. The chamber was evacuated by a rotary pump and a diffusion pump. After evacuation to a pressure of 5 x Torr, Au and A1 were heated by heating these boats and evaporated at 1430°C and 11l O T , respectively.
4. CONCLUSIONS Polyethylene (PE), PE-Au and PE-A1 thin films were deposited by a conventional vapor deposition process and the following conclusions are drawn. 1. Although the PE thin film deposited at high temperature (higher than 800°C) and high pressure (higher than 10 mTorr) was hazy and white in color, the PE thin films deposited at low temperature (lower than 500°C) or low pressure (lower than 1 mTorr) were transparent. 2. The resistivity of the PE-Au and PE-A1 composite thin films decreased with increase of pressure.
Hing, Surf: Coating. Technol. 123, 256-260 (2000). 20. A. Grill, Wear 168, 143-153 (1993). 21. B. K. Tay, Y. H. Cheng, X. Z. Ding, S. P. Lau, X. Shi, G. F. You and D. Sheeja, Diamond Relat. Mater. 10, 1082-1087 (2001). 22. S. Zhang, X. L. Bui, Y. Q. Fu and H. J. Du, Znt. J. Nanosci, in press (2004). Adhesion Aspects of Thin Films,Vol. 2, pp. 49-56 Ed. L. Mittal 0VSP 2005 Characterization of polyethylene-metal composite thin films deposited by evaporation SATORU IWAMORI,* FUMINORI TATEISHI, YOUHEI O N 0 and YOSHINORI YAMADA Faculty of Engineering, Kanazawa University, 2-40-20, Kodatsuno, Kanazawa 920-8667, Japan Abstract-Polyethylene (PE), PE/gold (Au) composite (PE-Au) and PE/aluminum (Al) composite (PE-AI) thin films were deposited onto a glass slide and aluminum substrates by conventional vapor deposition process.